here's to old friends...and facebook...

it just so happened that when I put out a quick message about my trip, an old friend from West Point wrote and mentioned that he would be in Thailand at the exact same time. He and his business school friend were chartering a sailboat to dive in the south, and they were cool enough to invite me to come along for the ride. (it took me about .000001 seconds to say YES!). Joe (my friend) showed off his sailing skills (he's like a super-ninja of the sailboat instructor world). His friend Jan and I weren't much help on the navigational front, but we drank a lot of beer. :) Funny stories about the amphibious assault to dinner and the multiple attempts to leave phuket. I'll save those for in person over a drink or two...
The girls headed out to the Eastern coast for a few days; I'll meet up with them in Cambodia in about a week or so. SO - here's to old usma classmates (Go tell 'em sir!) and the wonders of reconnecting on facebook.

Me, Joe and Jan aboard the boat somewhere in the andaman sea...


our accomodations for the day... the lovely Fei Mao...

this will be my screensaver for the long nights at the firm...the marriott resort in phuket (joe and jan roll in style...)
cool boats on rai-lay island off the coast of krabi (not technically from the sailing trip but i like them so i'm posting them anyway.)



0 comments: